Saturday, August 9, 2008

Book tour update, and a good signing!

I've let the blog go too long without some input!

Most of my activity in the past week or so has been in filling out dates for my first book tour to the Dakotas. The tour starts Thursday, Aug. 14, at Fort Abercrombie in Abercrombie, ND - the fort is the cover of the book and it sounds like I'll have a nice little welcome there. Jim Acker, the site superintendent for the fort, has me in presentations at 3 and 7 p.m. and in between, he said they're planning a reception! I am really looking forward to this - I can't wait to see the new visitor center, but also to meet old and new friends.

Following Ft. Aber, I'll have stops in Bismarck, Fort Buford, Chateau de Mores State Historic Site and Western Edge Bookstore in Medora, ND, Prairie Pages in Pierre, SD and maybe a couple other stops. I plan to file reports along the way, so keep checking in!

I had a signing today at the Confluence Bookstore in Bellevue, actually a "wine & sign" event with a number of authors and artists. We were each given the opportunity to speak about our books - which I did - and got several great questions. I ended up selling 11 books, which was pretty good for the number of emails I sent out! Susan and daughter Megan were there, as were my parents, my Aunt Shirley, and friend Paul Nyholm. A lot of history lovers were there, too - a fun day!

No comments: