Thursday, July 17, 2008

Going great on Amazon!

I just looked at Amazon - it says "Only 1 left in stock--order soon (more on the way)." THAT is something that is good to see! Kyle says Amazon has been ordering regularly, as have Baker & Taylor and Ingram, the two big distributors.

And, this really made me happy: I sold a copy to someone in Spain! I've been listing the books on eBay (with a portion of the sales going to help the Council on America's Military Past) and this guy in Madrid bought one. He's interested in learning more about American forts, and when I wrote to him and asked how he'd like the book inscribed, he was shocked to find out he was talking with the author.

Saturday is my presentation at the Bookworm along with a signing. I'm really looking forward to it - the owners are very nice people and the patrons are very loyal. They've told me sales have been going well leading up to the signing. The Bookworm also carries Nebraska Life magazine, which I've done a couple articles for, including one on Fort Atkinson in the July/Aug issue. The Bookworm is a big fan of the magazine, another reason to love this store!

No comments: