Sunday, July 20, 2008

Great news from Fort Hartsuff

Just heard from Mary Hughes out at Fort Hartsuff (near Burwell, NE) - she said the book has been selling well and she's placed her second order in less than a month! That is great news, especially from a great little fort site like Hartsuff.

Yesterday was my second signing, and first bookstore appearance, with my talk at the Bookworm in Omaha. That is a wonderful independent bookstore and was the first site I booked for appearances. The talk started with only a couple people (including my wife and one of my best friends) but the seats started to fill once I started talking and we had close to 15 when it ended. I sold books to about a third of them, which wasn't bad, but the best thing is that I got more practice time at speaking, which is always good.

Next week: Barnes & Noble

No comments: